Nature enthusiasts will enjoy a visit to Westendorf, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the skiing, restaurants, and spas. Welcoming and cosy, this city will also delight visitors with its bars, mountains, and museums.
- There are 6 Westendorf hotels
- February is the most expensive month to travel here, while October tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Innsbruck (INN-Kranebitten), 41.3 mi (66.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Westendorf
- Top activities include skiing and golfing, while Golfclub Kitzbueheler Alpen Westendorf, Alpenrosen Cable Car, and Hochbrixen Cable Car are favourite sights to visit
- Notable for its historic sites, monuments, castle, and landmarks such as Hohe Salve Cable Car, Gaisberg Cable Car, and Markbachjoch Cable Car
- The mountains and forests provide a picturesque setting and Gerlos Pass is one place worth a visit
Getting around Westendorf
Westendorf has many options for getting around. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Westendorf Station.
Staying in Westendorf
You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- Vital Landhotel Schermer, averaging GBP 214.64/night
- Windau Lodge, averaging GBP 349.73/night
Vital Landhotel Schermer, a 4.5-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating. Also Windau Lodge has a 5 rating by guests.
Dressing for Westendorf
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 13°C and the nighttime average to be -7°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July through September averages 25°C during the day and 7°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 17°C during the day and -6°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Westendorf is 859 millimetres