Visitors to Wakefield are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's rivers, ski areas and forests. Camp Fortune, Canadian Museum of History and Gatineau Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodation options in Wakefield
- The closest major airport is in Ottawa, ON (YOW-Macdonald-Cartier Intl.), 24.9 mi (40 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Wakefield
A couple of favourite places to visit are Morrison’s Quarry and Wakefield Covered Bridge. Additionally, in the area you'll find Camp Fortune and Canadian Museum of History.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Wakefield. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- La Grange Country Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Belle de Nuit Wakefield Inn - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this inn. With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free parking and 4 spa tubs, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Auberge De Mon Petit Chum B&B - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and walkable location.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Gatineau Park, 9.9 mi/15.9 km from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Wakefield
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 6°C and the night-time average to be -19°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and -4°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and -14°C at night
- Wakefield gets about 34 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -16°C