Visitors can enjoy all that Vitoria has to offer including the waterfront, forests and water parks. Top sights in the city include Penha Convent, Garoto Chocolate Factory and Morro Beach.
- There are 318 hotels and other accommodation options in Vitoria
- The closest major airport is in Vitoria (VIX-Goiabeiras), 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Vitoria
Cultural venues in the city include Museum of Art of Espirito Santo (MAES), Railroad Museum and Galpao Theater. Attractions like Acquamania and Mosteiro Zen Morro da Virgem are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Penha Convent, Escadaria Maria Ortiz and Namorados Square.
In Vila Velha, you can choose from 318 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Ibis Vitoria Praia de Camburi - This 3-star hotel in Jardim da Penha features a restaurant, free WiFi and laundry facilities.
- Quality Hotel Vitoria - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to the airport at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in República can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Quality Suites Vila Velha - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and a fitness centre. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Other favourite sights in Vitoria include Garoto Chocolate Factory, Morro Beach and Vitoria Mall.
Getting around Vitoria
If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Cariacica Pedro Nolasco Station, Cariacica Flexal Station or Viana Station. Vitoria may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Vitoria
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 32°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 23°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 18°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 21°C as the night-time average
- Vitoria gets about 1342 millimetres of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 32°C, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°C