Budget-minded travellers will find a good deal in Vire and visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants and bars. Visitors can also indulge in everything this welcoming and trendy, riverfront city has to offer, including its coffeehouses, shopping, and wineries.
- Though not directly in Vire, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- December is the most expensive month to travel here, while November tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Lyon (LYS-Saint-Exupery), 51.2 mi (82.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Vire
- Top activities include wine tasting and golfing, while Golf de Macon la Salle, Commanderie Golf Club, and Domaine du Chalet Pouilly are favourite sights to visit
- Its historic sites and library are notable and landmarks to visit include Pont Saint-Laurent and Castle Lavernette
- The riverfront and countryside provide a picturesque setting and Solutre Rocks is one place worth a visit
Staying in Vire
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like Carrion Cuisine Hôtel & Spa, averaging GBP 151.71 per night. Carrion Cuisine Hôtel & Spa, a 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 3.5 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Vire
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and -1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, while the average at night is 3°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 26°C with nighttime averages of 9°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and nighttime averages of 1°C
- Vire gets about 32 millimetres of rain per year