Visitors to Vientiane are sure to enjoy the cafes, riverfront and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples and monuments. Patuxay, Sala Keoku and Thai-Laos Friendship Bridge are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 158 hotels and other accommodation options in Vientiane
- The closest major airport is in Vientiane (VTE-Wattay Intl.), 3.1 mi (5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Vientiane
The city's cultural venues include Lao National Museum and COPE Visitor Centre. The city is notable for landmarks like Patuxay, Laos National Stadium and Wat Si Saket. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Talat Sao and Ban Anou Night Market.
In Tha Bo, there are 158 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Salana Boutique Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast and a restaurant. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
- Lao Poet Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Green Park Boutique Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Sala Keoku, 12.5 mi/20.1 km from the heart of the city, and Thai-Laos Friendship Bridge, which is 9.5 mi/15.3 km away.
Dressing for Vientiane
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 34°C during the day and 14°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 34°C, whilst the average at night is 21°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 23°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and night-time averages of 14°C
- Average annual rainfall for Vientiane is 67 millimetres
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 33°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 15°C