Visitors can enjoy all that Vestsjaelland has to offer including the art, forests and coral reefs. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its small-town vibe.
- There are 80 hotels and other accommodation options in Vestsjaelland
- The closest major airport is in Copenhagen (CPH-Kastrup), 36.9 mi (59.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Vestsjaelland
Cultural venues in the city include Holbaek Museum, Skjoldenaesholm Tram Museum and Ringsted Gallery. The city is notable for landmarks like Trelleborg, Storebaelt Bridge and Tunnel and Torbenfeld Church. The city's natural beauty is on display at Kalundborg Fjord, Lake Soro and Nekselø Bugt.
In Odsherred Municipality, you can choose from 80 hotels and other accommodation options to make it easy to plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Edelsminde Bed and Breakfast - Amenities at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast include free WiFi and free parking.
- Kragerup Gods - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Zleep Hotel Kalundborg - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its beach locale and WiFi.
Getting around Vestsjaelland
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Holbæk Station, Holbaek Stenhus Station or Vipperød Station. Vestsjaelland may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Vestsjaelland
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 8°C during the day and -3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of -3°C
- About 22 millimetres of rain falls on Vestsjaelland each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging -2°C