History buffs will enjoy a visit to Veroia, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the museums, library and a cathedral. Cosy and welcoming, this city also attracts visitors with its wineries, kayaking and fishing.
- There are 4 Veroia hotels
- May is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas March is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Kozani (KZI-Filippos), 23.6 mi (37.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Veroia
- Museums and live music are well-known in the area, whereas Byzantine Museum of Veroia is a local attraction
- Library, a cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Vergina Royal Tombs
- Places such as Church of the Resurrection of Christ and Elia Park exemplify the area's natural beauty
Staying in Veroia
Searching for a charming or small, stylish hotel? You may appreciate Olympia Guesthouse.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Olympia Guesthouse with a 4.3 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Veroia
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 13°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around -1°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 21°C as the daytime average and 0°C as the night-time average
- About 27 millimetres of rain falls on Veroia each year