Budget-minded travellers enjoy visiting Valence though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, coffee shops and gardens. A top sight in the city is Maison des Tetes.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodation options in Valence
- The closest major airport is in Grenoble (GNB-Grenoble - Isere), 36.4 mi (58.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Lyon (LYS-Saint-Exupery), 55 mi (88.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Valence
The city is notable for landmarks like Maison des Tetes, Valence Cathedral and Eglise de St-Jean. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Valence Museum and Valence Parc Expo.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Valence. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Atrium Hotel - This 4-star hotel in Faubourg Saint-Jacques features free WiFi, free parking and a fitness centre. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Ibis budget Valence Sud - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking.
- Mercure Valence Sud - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Getting around Valence
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Valence City Station. Valence might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Valence
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 15°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 30°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 21°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 991 millimetres of rain falls on Valence each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 29°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C