Visitors to Uruapan are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes, shopping and parks.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodation options in Uruapan
- The closest major airport is in Uruapan, Michoacan (UPN-Licenciado y General Ignacio Lopez Rayon Intl.), 0.4 mi (0.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Uruapan
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Antojitos Market is a favourite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Barranca del Cupatitzio National Park and La Huatapera Regional Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 14 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Uruapan. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Mansión del Cupatitzio - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and convenient parking.
- Hotel Plaza Uruapan - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel in Centro features a restaurant, free WiFi and free valet parking.
- Hotel Pie de la Sierra - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Dressing for Uruapan
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 28°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 8°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 12°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 9°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Uruapan is 1054 millimetres
- May and June are usually the hottest months averaging 30°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 9°C