Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Tissamaharama, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the safaris, restaurants and tours. This welcoming, lakefront city also attracts visitors with its parks, ecotours and gardens.
- There are 24 Tissamaharama hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas September is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 114.8 mi (184.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Tissamaharama
- The lakes, parks and gardens provide a picturesque setting, and Patanangala Tsunami Memorial is one place worth a visit
- Going on safari, taking a tour and fishing are also popular activities
Staying in Tissamaharama
With 45 hotels and other accommodations in Tissamaharama, you'll find a holiday retreat at an affordable rate. There are 16 hotels ranging from GBP 27 to GBP 141 per night.
Looking for a romantic getaway or boutique stay? You may appreciate these highly rated, one-of-a-kind properties and small hotels:
- Thaulle Resort
- The Yala Adventure
The Yala Adventure, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating. Also Thaulle Resort has a 5 rating by guests.
Dressing for Tissamaharama
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 32°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°C
- From April to June, the average is 32°C during the day and 23°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 22°C as the night-time average
- Tissamaharama gets about 63 millimetres of rain per year