Visiting Tinos Island
Visitors to Tinos Island are sure to enjoy the port. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its seafood restaurants. Mykonos New Port, Mykonos Old Port and Archaeological Museum of Mykonos are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 185 hotels and other accommodation options in Tinos Island
- The closest major airport is in Ermoupolis (JSY-Syros Island National), 16.1 mi (25.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Mykonos (JMK-Mykonos Island National), 17 mi (27.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tinos Island
Cultural venues in the city include Archaeological Museum of Tinos, Costas Tsoclis Museum and Ursuline Monastery. The city is notable for landmarks like Sanctuary of Poseidon, Church of Panagia Evangelistria and Holy Monastery of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kolimpithra Beach and Isternia Church.
In Tinos, you can choose from 185 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily organise your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Poseidonio Hotel - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a bar and a coffee shop, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Mr & Mrs White Tinos - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
- Tinos Beach Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Mykonos New Port, located 14.7 mi (23.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Mykonos Old Port, which is 15.6 mi/25.1 km away.
Dressing for Tinos Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the night-time average to be 8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Tinos Island gets about 526.20 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 8°C