Visiting Tai O Village
Visitors to Tai O Village are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's beaches and shopping. Around the area, top sights include Ngong Ping 360, Big Buddha and Po Lin Monastery.
- There are 354 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Hong Kong (HKG-Hong Kong Intl.), 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Macau (MFM-Macau Intl.), 19.8 mi (31.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tai O Village
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Ngong Ping 360, Big Buddha and Po Lin Monastery. Additionally, in the area you'll find Citygate Outlets and Silvermine Beach.
This is a top accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- Tai O Heritage Hotel - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Islands District can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include AsiaWorld-Expo, located 6.6 mi (10.6 km) from the city centre, and Discovery Bay Golf Club, which is 9.2 mi (14.8 km) away.
Dressing for Tai O Village
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 12°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 30°C, whilst the average at night is 18°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 24°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 28°C and night-time averages of 14°C
- About 81 millimetres of rain falls on Tai O Village each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 30°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 13°C