Visiting Surry Hills
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Surry Hills, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants and abundant cafes. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its museums and bars. Capitol Theatre, Hyde Park and Sydney Town Hall are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2819 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Sydney
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.), 4.4 mi (7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Surry Hills
The city is well known for its museums and cultural venues like Brett Whitley Studio and Ray Hughes Gallery. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Crown Street is a favourite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add Castlereagh Street to your agenda.
In Haymarket, there are 91 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Little Albion, a Crystalbrook Collection Boutique Hotel - This 4.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- 57 Hotel - Our customers like the central location and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a 24-hour fitness centre and parking, along with free WiFi.
- Rydges Sydney Central - This 4.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and overall value.
Top places to see around the area include Capitol Theatre, 0.5 mi/0.9 km from the heart of the city, and Hyde Park, which is 0.8 mi (1.4 km) away.
Dressing for Surry Hills
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 16°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 25°C and night-time averages of 12°C
- Surry Hills gets about 1181.10 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 8°C