Search Stanley Hotels, Tasmania
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 13 Feb 2020
Pocket Guide: Stanley
Visiting StanleyFamilies will find kid-friendly activities in Stanley and visitors are sure to appreciate the museums and natural parks. Welcoming and cosy, this seaside city will also delight visitors with its restaurants, bars, and spas.
- There are 10 Stanley hotels
- January is the most expensive month to travel here, while October tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Burnie, TAS (BWT), 28.8 mi (46.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Stanley
- Golfing is just one of the top activities, while Stanley Golf Club and Smithton Country Club are sights to visit
- Well-known for its museums and cultural attractions such as Stanley Discovery Museum and Genealogy Centre and Highfield House
- Popular attractions include The Nut Chairlift Stanley and Stanley Seaquarium
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Highfield Histroric Site and Circular Head Heritage Centre
- The seaside and parks highlight the natural beauty, and The Nut State Reserve, Smithton Riverfront Park, and Lions Park are some places worth a visit
Staying in StanleyYou might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- Hanlon House Bed and Breakfast, averaging GBP 128.26/night
- Stanley Village, averaging GBP 138.34/night
Dressing for Stanley
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 21°C and the nighttime average to be 11°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July through September averages 15°C during the day and 6°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Stanley is 967 millimetres
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Stanley?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Stanley, will I receive a refund?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Stanley?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting Stanley?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Stanley?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Stanley?
What's the best golf hotel in Stanley?
Stanley Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Stanley by Star Rating
- Hotels near Stanley Airports
- Accommodation near Stanley Attractions
- More accommodation types in Stanley
- Choose Your Stanley Hotel Style
- Search Stanley Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Stanley
- Hotels Near Stanley, Tasmania
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends