History buffs will enjoy exploring Sparta, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the museums. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes, temples and opera houses.
- There are 32 hotels and other accommodation options in Sparta
- The closest major airport is in Kalamata (KLX-Kalamata Intl.), 23.4 mi (37.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Sparta
The city is well known for its museums and cultural venues like Sparta Archaeological Museum and Olive and Greek Olive Oil Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Temple of Artemis Orthia, Ancient Sparta, and The Menelaion. The city's natural beauty is on display at Louka Canyon, Kastora Canyon and Vrisiotikos Canyon.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Sparta. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Taleton Eco Guest House - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Mystras Grand Palace Resort & Spa - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants and free breakfast.
- Melies Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Dressing for Sparta
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 15°C and the night-time average to be 7°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 8°C at night
- About 20 millimetres of rain falls on Sparta each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 28°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 8°C