Search Hotels in South Thailand
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 22 Mar 2020
Visiting South Thailand
Families will find kid-friendly activities in South Thailand, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting. Top sights in the city include Tai Rom Yen National Park, Khao Khanap Nam and Khanom Beach.
- There are 5468 hotels and other accommodation options in South Thailand
- The closest major airport is in Nakhon Si Thammarat (NST), 20.4 mi (32.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Trang (TST), 54.6 mi (87.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in South Thailand
Cultural venues in the city include Chumphon National Museum, BaanTanKhun and Napokae Cultural Center. Families come for attractions such as Samui Butterfly Garden, Samui Aquarium and Namuang Safari Park. The city is notable for landmarks like Wat Kaew Korawaram, Fisherman's Village Plaza and Big Buddha Statue.
Other favourite sights in South Thailand include Tai Rom Yen National Park, Khao Khanap Nam and Khanom Beach.
Getting around South Thailand
If you want to journey outside the city, ride aboard a train from Ron Phibun Station, Thung Song Sai Yai Station or Chaloem Phra Kiat Ban Thung Lo Station. South Thailand may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
More trip options
- Hotels in South Thailand by Star Rating
- Hotels near South Thailand Airports
- Areas of South Thailand
- Accommodation near South Thailand Attractions
- More accommodation types in South Thailand
- Choose Your South Thailand Hotel Style
- Search South Thailand Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in South Thailand
- Hotels Near South Thailand, Thailand
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends