Visiting South Padre Island
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring South Padre Island, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its seafood restaurants. Top sights in the city include South Padre Island Beach and Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark.
- There are 1426 hotels and other accommodation options in South Padre Island
- The closest major airport is in Brownsville, TX (BRO-Brownsville-South Padre Island Intl.), 21.7 mi (34.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Harlingen, TX (HRL-Valley Intl.), 31.5 mi (50.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in South Padre Island
The city's cultural venues include Museums of Port Isabel and Little Graceland. Attractions like Schlitterbahn Beach Waterpark, Sea Turtle Rescue Center and Sea Turtle Inc are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Port Isabel Lighthouse, Whaling Wall and Battle of Palmito Hill Historical Monument.
In San Benito, you can choose from 1426 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Palms Resort - Amenities at this hotel include a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Best Western Beachside Inn - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Upper Deck Hotel and Bar -Adults Only - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Other top sights in South Padre Island include South Padre Island Beach.
Dressing for South Padre Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 12°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 19°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 24°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 30°C and night-time averages of 12°C
- About 655 millimetres of rain falls on South Padre Island each year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 13°C