Visiting South Melbourne
Budget-minded travellers enjoy visiting South Melbourne though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art, entertainment choices and zoo. Top sights in the city include South Melbourne Market and St Kilda Road.
- You'll find 2715 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 8.1 mi (13 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 12.8 mi (20.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in South Melbourne
Top places to visit in the city include South Melbourne Market and St Kilda Road. In the area, you'll also find National Gallery of Victoria and Royal Botanic Gardens.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in South Melbourne. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Clarendon Hotel Melbourne - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and 2 bars. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Lily Sands Inn - Our customers like the central location and clean, comfortable rooms at this guesthouse. Amenities in this 3.5-star guesthouse include free WiFi and a flat-screen TV.
- City Park Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with deep soaking bathtubs. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, located 0.7 mi (1.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Eureka Tower, which is 0.8 mi/1.3 km away.
Dressing for South Melbourne
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 27°C and the night-time average to be 10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 7°C at night
- About 278.70 millimetres of rain falls on South Melbourne each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 5°C