Visiting South Charleston
Families will find kid-friendly activities in South Charleston, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and cafes. A top sight in the area is Charleston Town Center.
- You'll find 46 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Charleston
- The closest major airport is in Charleston, WV (CRW-Yeager), 5.4 mi (8.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in South Charleston
Charleston Town Center is a notable place to visit in the region. In the area, you'll also find Charleston Civic Center and West Virginia State Capitol Building.
Here's a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Charleston - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free Internet. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for South Charleston
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the night-time average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and -3°C at night
- South Charleston gets about 1118.30 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of -2°C