Visitors can enjoy all that Sønderborg has to offer including the monuments, theatres and sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, beaches and shopping.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodation options in Sønderborg
- The closest major airport is in Sonderborg (SGD), 3.7 mi (5.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Sønderborg
The city is notable for landmarks like Sonderborg Castle (Sonderborg Slot), Dybbol Banke Battlefield and Dybbol Mill. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Flensburg Fjord and Alsion.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Sønderborg. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Als Kloster Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and room size.
- Hotel Sønderborg Strand - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an indoor pool.
- Hotel 6400 - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a terrace. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting around Sønderborg
If you want to venture outside the area, hop on a train at Sønderborg Station. Sønderborg may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Sønderborg
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 7°C during the day and -1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- Average annual rainfall for Sønderborg is 33 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 0°C