Search Hotels in Shirahama
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 24 Nov 2019
Reviewed on 26 Sep 2019
Reviewed on 16 Oct 2017
Visitors to Shirahama are sure to enjoy the hot springs and seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's aquarium and spas. Top sights in the city include Adventure World and Shirahama Beach.
- You'll find 102 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Tanabe
- The closest major airport is in Shirahama (SHM-Nanki - Shirahama), 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Shirahama
Attractions like Adventure World, Tsubaki Onsen and Shirahama Aquarium Kyoto University are fun for kids of all ages. The hot springs and the sea highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Shirahama Beach, Shirahama Onsen and Senjojiki. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sandanbeki Cave and Engetsu Island.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Kawayu Hot Springs, located 21.8 mi (35.1 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Shirahama
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 4°C at night
- About 49 millimetres of rain falls on Shirahama each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 3°C