Travellers to Shipshewana give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This cosy city also attracts tourists with its entertainment.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodation options in Shipshewana
- The closest major airport is in Goshen, IN (GSH-Goshen Municipal), 15.3 mi (24.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in South Bend, IN (SBN-South Bend Intl.), 37.8 mi (60.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shipshewana
The city's cultural venues include Menno-Hof Museum of Culture and Hostetler's Hudson Auto Museum. Attractions like Shipshewana Auction and Flea Market and Dutch Creek Farm Animal Park are fun for everyone, not just kids. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are North Park and Michiana Event Center.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Shipshewana. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Blue Gate Garden Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Farmstead Inn & Conference Center - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- Van Buren Hotel - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and central location.
Dressing for Shipshewana
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the night-time average to be -6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and -6°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Shipshewana is 33 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -5°C