Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Sequim, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the shopping, festivals and cafes. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its countryside setting. Top sights around the area include Olympic National Park Visitor Center and Port of Port Angeles.
- There are 48 hotels and other accommodation options in Sequim
- The closest major airport is in Port Angeles, WA (CLM-William R. Fairchild Intl.), 18.3 mi (29.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Victoria, BC (YWH-Victoria Inner Harbour), 26.8 mi (43.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sequim
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like Museum and Art Center and Dungeness River Audubon Center. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Sequim Bay State Park, Dungeness Spit and Carrie Blake Park. Wildlife is a top activity, and John Wayne Marina is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 48 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Sequim. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Lost Mountain Lodge - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- GreenHouse Inn by the Bay - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Quality Inn & Suites at Olympic National Park - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Olympic National Park Visitor Center, located 15 mi (24.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Port of Port Angeles, which is 16.2 mi/26 km away.
Dressing for Sequim
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 6°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of 0°C
- About 406.80 millimetres of rain falls on Sequim each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 0°C