Guests will appreciate the theme park, restaurants and theatres in Schweinfurt. Welcoming and cultural, this riverfront city also attracts visitors with its shopping, coffeehouses and sporting events.
- There are 3 Schweinfurt hotels
- April is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas August is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Wurzburg (QWU-Wurzburg Central Train Station), 21.2 mi (34.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Schweinfurt
- Theatres and museums are well-known in the area, and attractions include Theater der Stadt Schweinfurt, Ikonensammlung Fritz Glockle, and Kunsthalle Schweinfurt
- Popular attractions include Silvana and Wildpark an den Eichen
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks to visit, including Schweinfurt Town Hall, Wittelsbacher Turm, and Wallfahrtskirche Maria im Weingarten
- The rivers and parks provide a picturesque setting and Rosengarten is one place worth visiting
Getting around Schweinfurt
There are many transport options in Schweinfurt. If you're looking to travel outside of the area, take a train from Schweinfurt Middle Station, Schweinfurt Central Station or Schweinfurt City Station.
Staying in Schweinfurt
Consider the following top-rated traditional hotels for your family trip or any other travel plans:
- Arcadia Hotel Schweinfurt Maininsel
- Premiere Classe Schweinfurt
You may appreciate Panorama Hotel Schweinfurt for a charming or small, stylish hotel.
Arcadia Hotel Schweinfurt Maininsel, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.3 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are Premiere Classe Schweinfurt and Panorama Hotel Schweinfurt.
Dressing for Schweinfurt
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whereas night-time temperatures stay around -3°C
- From April to June, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the nighttime average
- About 26 millimetres of rain falls on Schweinfurt each year