Search Savannah Hotels, Georgia
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 12 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 15 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 11 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 16 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 9 Jan 2021
Where to stay in Savannah
History buffs will enjoy exploring Savannah, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront, local tours and fascinating museums. This city also attracts tourists with its cathedrals, art and monuments. Top sights in the city include River Street, Forsyth Park and Savannah Civic Center.
- There are 939 hotels and other accommodation options in Savannah
- The closest major airport is in Savannah, GA (SAV-Savannah - Hilton Head Intl.), 8.1 mi (13.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Hilton Head Island, SC (HHH), 25.2 mi (40.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Savannah
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include Savannah Theatre, Lucas Theatre and Mercer Williams House Museum. Attractions like Tybee Island Fishing Pier and Pavilion, Tybee Island Marine Science Center and SK8 City are fun for kids of all ages. Notable for its historic sites, cathedrals and monuments, the city's landmarks include River Street, Cathedral of St. John the Baptist and Lafayette Square.
Other favourite sights in Savannah include Forsyth Park, Savannah Civic Center and City Market. In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Coligny Beach, located 20.5 mi (32.9 km) from the city centre, and Harbour Town Lighthouse, which is 16.9 mi (27.2 km) away.
Getting around Savannah
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Savannah Amtrak Station or Savannah Station. Savannah might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Savannah
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 33°C, whilst the average at night is 10°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 34°C with night-time averages of 17°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 28°C and night-time averages of 4°C
- Average annual rainfall for Savannah is 1218.00 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 33°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 5°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Savannah?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Savannah, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Savannah?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to Savannah?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday to Savannah?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Savannah?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Savannah?
What's the best high-end hotel in Savannah?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Savannah?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Savannah?
What's the best accommodation in Savannah to learn about local history?
What are some hotels with pools in Savannah?
Savannah Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Savannah by Star Rating
- Hotels near Savannah Airports
- Areas of Savannah
- Accommodation near Savannah Attractions
- More accommodation types in Savannah
- Choose Your Savannah Hotel Style
- Search Savannah Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Savannah
- Hotels Near Savannah, Georgia
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends