Visiting San Ysidro
Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in San Ysidro, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its beaches and live music. Around the area, top sights include Club Campestre Golf Course, San Diego Coronado Bridge and Coronado Beach.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodation options in San Ysidro
- The closest major airport is in Tijuana, Baja California Norte (TIJ-General Abelardo L. Rodriguez Intl.), 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in San Diego, CA (SAN-San Diego Intl.), 14.9 mi (24 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in San Ysidro
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Las Americas Premium Outlets is a favourite for retail therapy. Additionally, in the area you'll find Club Campestre Golf Course and San Diego Coronado Bridge.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 8 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in San Ysidro. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Americana Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Quality Inn & Suites Near The Border - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free parking.
- Motel 6 San Ysidro - San Diego / Border - This 2-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Coronado Beach, 12.2 mi/19.7 km from the city centre, and Petco Park, which is 12.3 mi/19.8 km away.
Getting around San Ysidro
Nearby metro stations include Beyer Blvd Trolley Station and San Ysidro Transit Center Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for San Ysidro
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 20°C and the night-time average to be 6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 6°C at night
- San Ysidro gets about 294.40 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 7°C