Travellers to Samana give high marks for the beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and secluded setting. Top sights in the city include Cayo Levantado, Samana Bay and Cayo Levantado Beach.
- There are 451 hotels and other accommodation options in Samana
- The closest major airport is in Samana (AZS-El Catey Intl.), 26.1 mi (42 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Samana
The city's cultural venues include Whale Museum of Samana and Haitian Caraibes Art Gallery. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Cayo Levantado, Samana Bay and Cayo Levantado Beach. Other notable sights to explore include Rincon Beach and El Salto del Limon.
In El Limon, there are 451 accommodation choices and hotels to make it easy to plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- 21 Palms - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free WiFi, free parking and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Luxury Bahia Principe Samana - All Inclusive Adults Only - Our customers like the bar and quiet location at this resort. This 3.5-star resort features a full-service spa, a private beach and 5 restaurants.
- Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado-All Inclusive - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Samana
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 29°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 19°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 20°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 19°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Samana is 1418 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°C