Visitors to Salen are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 122 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in Salen
Places to visit in the larger region include Calgary Bay Beach, Torosay Castle and Isle of Ulva. You'll also find Duart Castle and Carsaig Arches in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Salen, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city centre but you'll find 25 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Claredon Hotel is located 19.1 mi (30.8 km) from the heart of Salen. Guests who stay at this 3-star inn in Oban can enjoy access to free breakfast and in-room flat-screen TVs.
- Perle Oban Hotel is 19.1 mi (30.8 km) from central Salen. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Oban can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and beach locale.
- Oban Bay Hotel is 18.7 mi (30.1 km) from the centre of Salen. This 3-star hotel in Oban features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar. Our customers like its proximity to shopping and comfortable, quiet rooms.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Loch Linnhe, located 20.7 mi (33.3 km) from the city centre.
Dressing for Salen
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 3°C
- From April to June, the average is 15°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 16°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 13°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- About 35 millimetres of rain falls on Salen each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 15°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°C