History buffs enjoy visiting Saint-Maximin-la-Sainte-Baume though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, monuments and cathedral. Top sights around the area include Montagne Sainte Victoire and Circuit Paul Ricard.
- There are 43 hotels and other accommodation options in Saint-Maximin-la-Sainte-Baume
- The closest major airport is in Toulon (TLN-Toulon - Hyeres), 29 mi (46.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Marseille (MRS-Marseille - Provence), 31.9 mi (51.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Saint-Maximin-la-Sainte-Baume
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as La Basilique Sainte Marie Madeleine de St-Maximin. In the area, you'll also find Montagne Sainte Victoire and Circuit Paul Ricard.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 43 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Saint-Maximin-la-Sainte-Baume. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Maison d'hôte et Gîte La Courtesiè - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast.
- Hôtel de France - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Ibis budget Saint Maximin la Sainte Baume - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a winery and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Saint-Maximin-la-Sainte-Baume
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the night-time average to be 4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Saint-Maximin-la-Sainte-Baume gets about 575.20 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 28°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 5°C