Visitors can enjoy all that Rosenheim has to offer including the its breweries, spas and hockey games. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches, coffee shops and museums. Top sights around the area include Herrenchiemsee Castle and Lake Chiemsee.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodation options in Rosenheim
- The closest major airport is in Munich (MUC-Franz Josef Strauss Intl.), 37.8 mi (60.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Salzburg (SZG-W.A. Mozart), 40.7 mi (65.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rosenheim
The city's cultural venues include Staedtisches Museum and Lokschuppen Rosenheim. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Church of St. Nikolaus and Culture and Congress Centre Rosenheim.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 10 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Rosenheim. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Alpina Hotel - This 3-star hotel in Rosenheim District features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff.
- TRYP by Wyndham Rosenheim - Our customers like the central location and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this hotel in Rosenheim District, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Herrenchiemsee Castle, located 12.8 mi (20.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Lake Chiemsee, which is 15.1 mi/24.2 km away.
Getting around Rosenheim
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Rosenheim Station or Rosenheim College Station. Rosenheim may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Rosenheim
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and -4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 24°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of -3°C
- Rosenheim gets about 37 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 23°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging -3°C