Search Hotels in Riverhead, NY
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 29 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 10 Jun 2020
Reviewed on 22 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 20 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 19 Dec 2020
Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Riverhead, which is also known for its aquarium and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its wineries. Top sights around the area include Splish Splash Water Park and Cooper's Beach.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodation options in Riverhead
- The closest major airport is in Westhampton, NY (FOK-Francis S. Gabreski), 5.3 mi (8.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Shirley, NY (WSH-Brookhaven Calabro), 12.7 mi (20.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Riverhead
The city's cultural venues include Suffolk Theater and Hallockville Museum Farm. Attractions like Long Island Aquarium and Exhibition Center, Safari Adventure and Out East Family Fun are fun for kids of all ages. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Tanger Outlet Center is a favourite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Riverhead. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Preston House & Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features a marina, free breakfast and a restaurant. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Residence Inn by Marriott New York Long Island East End - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and an indoor pool.
- The Duncan Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to see in the area include Splish Splash Water Park, 3.6 mi/5.7 km from the city centre, and Cooper's Beach, which is 13.8 mi (22.3 km) away.
Getting around Riverhead
If you want to venture outside the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Riverhead Station. Riverhead might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Riverhead
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -7°C
- From April to June, the average is 26°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 20°C as the daytime average and -6°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Riverhead is 1190 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 26°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -6°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Riverhead?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Riverhead, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Riverhead?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Riverhead?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday in Riverhead?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Riverhead?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Riverhead?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Riverhead?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Riverhead?
Riverhead Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Riverhead by Star Rating
- Hotels near Riverhead Airports
- Areas of Riverhead
- Accommodation near Riverhead Attractions
- More accommodation types in Riverhead
- Choose Your Riverhead Hotel Style
- Search Riverhead Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Riverhead
- Hotels Near Riverhead, New York
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends