Guests will appreciate the cycling, festivals and museums in Southampton. Visitors who travel to this welcoming city can discover its flowers, churches and golfing.
- There are 13 Southampton hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Islip, NY (ISP-MacArthur), 36.2 mi (58.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Southampton
- Cycling, golfing and windsurfing are top activities, whereas sights to visit include Southampton Golf Range, Shinnecock Hills Golf Course, and National Golf Club
- Known for its festivals, museums and theatres, including cultural attractions, such as Shinnecock Museuem and Cultural Center, Southampton Historical Museum, and Parrish Art Museum
- Our Lady of Poland Catholic Church and Halsey House are noteworthy landmarks
- The flowers and beaches highlight the natural beauty, and Agawam Park, Cooper's Beach, and Shinnecock East County Park are several places worth visiting
Getting around Southampton
There are plenty of options for getting around Southampton. To see more of the wider area, hop on a train at Southampton Station.
Staying in Southampton
With 10 hotels and other accommodations in Southampton, you'll find a holiday retreat at an affordable rate. There are 7 hotels ranging from GBP 44 to GBP 364 per night.
Looking for a boutique hotel or cosy spot? You might like these traveler-recommended, one-of-a-kind properties and small hotels:
- Easterner Motel
- Southampton Long Island Hotel
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Easterner Motel with a 4.3 out of 5 user rating, whereas Southampton Long Island Hotel has a 3.4 rating by guests.
Dressing for Southampton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whereas night-time temperatures stay around -7°C
- From April to June, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 20°C as the daytime average and -6°C as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Southampton is 1193 millimetres