Search Southampton Hotels, New York
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 14 Dec 2020
Reviewed on 29 Aug 2018
New Listing: Classically Elegant 6,000' Southampton Manor w/ Indoor & Outdoor Family Gathering Space
Reviewed on 12 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 8 Dec 2020
Reviewed on 2 Sep 2019
Visitors to Southampton are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, festivals and opera houses. Top sights around the area include Cooper's Beach and Splish Splash Water Park.
- There are 141 hotels and other accommodation options in Southampton
- The closest major airport is in East Hampton, NY (HTO), 9.4 mi (15.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Westhampton, NY (FOK-Francis S. Gabreski), 12.7 mi (20.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Southampton
The city's cultural venues include Southampton Historical Museum and Shinnecock Nation Cultural Center and Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Halsey House, North Main Street Historic District and Our Lady of Poland Catholic Church. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Cooper's Beach, Agawam Park and Shinnecock East County Park.
In Hampton Bays, you'll find 141 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Easterner Motel - This 2.5-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and overall value.
- Hamlet Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this motel. This 2-star motel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Southampton Inn - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Splish Splash Water Park, 16.5 mi/26.6 km from the city centre.
Getting around Southampton
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Southampton Station. Southampton might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Southampton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -7°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -6°C at night
- About 1190 millimetres of rain falls on Southampton each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -6°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Southampton?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Southampton, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Southampton?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday in Southampton?
What's the best hotel for couples in Southampton?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Southampton?
What's the best accommodation option to stay near the beach in Southampton?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Southampton?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Southampton?
Southampton Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Southampton by Star Rating
- Hotels near Southampton Airports
- Accommodation near Southampton Attractions
- More accommodation types in Southampton
- Choose Your Southampton Hotel Style
- Search Southampton Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Southampton
- Hotels Near Southampton, New York
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends