Search Hotels in Rapid City
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 19 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 18 Oct 2020
Visiting Rapid City
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Rapid City, and visitors give high marks for the important monuments and water parks. This urban city also attracts tourists with its art. Top sights in the city include Custer State Park and Black Hills National Forest.
- There are 199 hotels and other accommodation options in Rapid City
- The closest major airport is in Rapid City, SD (RAP-Rapid City Regional), 9.1 mi (14.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Rapid City
Well known for its art scene, the city's cultural venues include Bear Country USA, Art Alley and South Dakota Air and Space Museum. Families come for attractions such as Central States Fairgrounds, Reptile Gardens and Storybook Island. The city is notable for its monuments and landmarks like Main Street Square, Berlin Wall Exhibit, and Chapel in the Hills.
In Piedmont, there are 199 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Black Forest Inn Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Plus Rapid City Rushmore - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Coyote Blues Bed and Breakfast - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet rooms.
Other top sights in Rapid City include Custer State Park and Black Hills National Forest. One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Mount Rushmore, located 18.1 mi (29.1 km) from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Rapid City
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -11°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and -3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 4°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 19°C as the daytime average and -11°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Rapid City is 413.90 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -10°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Rapid City?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Rapid City, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Rapid City?
What's the best place to stay for families in Rapid City?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Rapid City?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Rapid City?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Rapid City?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Rapid City?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Rapid City?
Rapid City Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Rapid City by Star Rating
- Hotels near Rapid City Airports
- Areas of Rapid City
- Accommodation near Rapid City Attractions
- More accommodation types in Rapid City
- Choose Your Rapid City Hotel Style
- Search Rapid City Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Rapid City
- Hotels Near Rapid City, South Dakota
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends