Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Quepos, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and lush rainforest. Top sights in the city include Manuel Antonio National Park and Manuel Antonio Beach.
- There are 442 hotels and other accommodation options in Quepos
- The closest major airport is in Quepos (XQP), 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 36.5 mi (58.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Quepos
The beaches, rainforest and parks highlight the city's natural beauty, and Manuel Antonio National Park, Manuel Antonio Beach and Playa La Macha are worth a visit. Top activities include wildlife and taking an adventure tour, while Marina Pez Vela and Bejuco Beach are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Biesanz Beach and Manuel Antonio Nature Park & Wildlife Refuge.
In Baru, you can choose from 442 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Arenas del Mar Beachfront & Rainforest Resort - With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a free stocked minibar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Gaia Hotel And Reserve - Adults Only - Our customers like the beach locale and room size at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Villas Nicolás - Adults Only - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Esterillos Beach, 23.6 mi/38 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Quepos
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 28°C and the night-time average to be 16°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 18°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 27°C during the day and 16°C at night
- About 1848 millimetres of rain falls on Quepos each year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 28°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 16°C