Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Queanbeyan, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffee shops and entertainment choices. Top sights around the area include National Gallery of Australia, Old Parliament House and Parliament House.
- You'll find 190 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Canberra
- The closest major airport is in Canberra, ACT (CBR-Canberra Intl.), 3.9 mi (6.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Queanbeyan
National Gallery of Australia, Old Parliament House and Parliament House are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Australian War Memorial and National Museum of Australia.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Queanbeyan. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Mid City Motor Inn - This 3-star motel features free WiFi, free parking and a terrace. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Central Motel & Apartments, Best Western Signature Collection - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this motel. With a stay at this 4-star motel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Queanbeyan Motel - Amenities at this 3.5-star motel include free parking and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit in the area include Australian National Botanic Gardens, located 8.7 mi (14 km) from the city centre, and Telstra Tower, which is 9.2 mi/14.9 km away.
Getting around Queanbeyan
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Queanbeyan Railway Station. Queanbeyan might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Queanbeyan
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 28°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 10°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 1°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- About 591.80 millimetres of rain falls on Queanbeyan each year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 26°C, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C