Visitors can enjoy all that Pyrgos has to offer including the seaside, temples and gardens. This city also attracts tourists with its secluded and countryside setting. A top sight in the area is Ancient Olympia.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodation options in Pyrgos
- The closest major airport is in Patras (GPA-Araxos), 30.9 mi (49.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Zakynthos (ZTH-Zakynthos Intl.), 33 mi (53.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pyrgos
Favourite places to visit in the city include Port of Katakolo, Skafidia Monastery and Foloi Oak Forest. Additionally, you'll find Ancient Olympia in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 27 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Pyrgos. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Mare Dei Suite Hotel Ionian Resort - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and breakfast.
- Anagennisis Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Pyrgos
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- About 654 millimetres of rain falls on Pyrgos each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 30°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C