Visiting Archaia Olympia
History buffs will enjoy exploring Archaia Olympia, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the museums and archaeology. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its wineries. A top sight in the city is Ancient Olympia.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodation options in Archaia Olympia
- The closest major airport is in Patras (GPA-Araxos), 36.8 mi (59.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Archaia Olympia
The city is well known for its museums and cultural venues like Archaeological Museum of Ancient Olympia and Archimedes Museum. Its archaeology sites and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Ancient Olympia. The picturesque setting of Foloi Oak Forest and Nemouta Waterfalls exemplify the city's natural beauty.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Archaia Olympia. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Europa Hotel - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and overall value.
- Kronio - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hercules - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free valet parking and a bar, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Archaia Olympia
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 16°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 30°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- Archaia Olympia gets about 632 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 30°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C