Visitors can enjoy all that Pratteln has to offer including the spas, sporting events and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals. Beyeler Foundation, Messeturm Basel and Basler Muenster are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 197 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Basel
- The closest major airport is in Basel (BSL-EuroAirport), 9.4 mi (15.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Mulhouse (MLH-EuroAirport), 9.4 mi (15.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pratteln
A favourite place to visit in the city is Aquabasilea. Additionally, in the area you'll find Beyeler Foundation and Messeturm Basel.
This is a top accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott Basel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit around the area include Basler Muenster, located 5.4 mi (8.7 km) from the city centre, and Basel Historical Museum, which is 5.4 mi (8.7 km) away.
Getting around Pratteln
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Pratteln Station. Pratteln might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Pratteln
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and -2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 26°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 18°C and night-time averages of 0°C
- About 29 millimetres of rain falls on Pratteln each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -1°C