Visiting Praslin Island
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Praslin Island, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its parks. Top sights in the city include Vallee de Mai Nature Reserve, Grand Anse Beach and Anse Lazio Beach.
- There are 96 hotels and other accommodation options in Praslin Island
- The closest major airport is in Praslin Island (PRI), 3.7 mi (5.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Victoria (SEZ-Seychelles Intl.), 29.4 mi (47.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Praslin Island
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Vallee de Mai Nature Reserve, Grand Anse Beach and Anse Lazio Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Anse Volbert Beach and Cote D'Or Beach.
In Grand'Anse Praslin, you can choose from 96 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily organise your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Raffles Seychelles - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a private plunge pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Constance Lémuria - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this resort. This 5-star resort features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
- Dhevatara Beach Hotel - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast and a restaurant. Expedia customers love its pool and room size.
A top sight outside the city is Source D'Argent Beach, 7 mi/11.2 km from the city centre.
Dressing for Praslin Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 31°C and the night-time average to be 24°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 31°C during the day and 25°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 30°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Praslin Island gets about 68 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually April and March with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are September and August with an average of 24°C