Visitors can enjoy all that Praia has to offer including the cafes, cathedral and football games. This city also attracts tourists with its rich culture.
- There are 54 hotels and other accommodation options in Praia
- The closest major airport is in Santiago Island (RAI-Praia Intl.), 2.6 mi (4.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Maio Island (MMO), 25.6 mi (41.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Praia
The picturesque setting of Prainha Beach and Quebra Canela exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Estadio da Varzea and Dona Maria Pia Lighthouse.
Dressing for Praia
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 19°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 20°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 23°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 30°C and night-time averages of 21°C
- Praia gets about 6 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually October and September are the hottest months with an average of 29°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 20°C