Visitors are sure to enjoy the beaches, restaurants, and island views in Kefalonia. Welcoming and relaxing, this seaside city will also delight visitors with its bars, cocktail bars, and seafood.
- There are 11 Kefalonia hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, while June tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Argostolion (EFL-Kefalonia Island Intl.), 15.1 mi (24.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Kefalonia
- Exploring the waterfront is just one of the top activities, while Kato Kateleios Marina and Svoronata Marina are sights to visit
- The beach, seaside, and island views highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Skala Beach, Kaminia Beach, and Kato Kateleios Beach
Getting around Kefalonia
There are many transportation options in Kefalonia. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Staying in Kefalonia
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Anemos Studios & Apartments, averaging GBP 52.18/night
- Oceanis - Cephalonie, averaging GBP 74.54/night
A 2.5-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Anemos Studios & Apartments with a 4.7 out of 5 user rating while Oceanis - Cephalonie has a 4.4 rating by guests.
Dressing for Kefalonia
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, while the average at night is 8°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 30°C with nighttime averages of 16°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 26°C and nighttime averages of 6°C
- Average annual rainfall for Kefalonia is 25 millimetres