Budget-minded travellers will find a good deal in Poperinge and visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants and bars. Welcoming and walkable, this city will also delight visitors with its shopping, coffeehouses, and museums.
- There are 5 Poperinge hotels
- February is the most expensive month to travel here, while March tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Bethune (XBH-Bethune Train Station), 23.6 mi (38 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Poperinge
- Top activities include taking a ferry and wine tasting, while St. Bernardus Brewery, Vandewalle Seasonal Brewery, and Museum of Thirst – Malthouse & Brewery de Snoek are favourite sights to visit
- Museums and opera are well-known in the area, and attractions include Poperinge Hop Museum, Talbot House Museum, and Museum of Education
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks to visit including St. John's Church, Lijssenthoek Military Cemetery, and Lettenberg Bunkers
Getting around Poperinge
Poperinge has many options for getting around. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Staying in Poperinge
When looking for a holiday accommodation at an affordable price, consider that Poperinge has 5 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from. There are 5 hotels ranging from GBP 71 to GBP 148 per night. You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- Manoir Ogygia, averaging GBP 185.27/night
- Hotel Callecanes, averaging GBP 145.99/night
Manoir Ogygia, a 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating. Also Hotel Callecanes has a 4.7 rating by guests.
Dressing for Poperinge
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July through September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Poperinge is 26 millimetres