Visitors to Plymouth are sure to enjoy the university setting, theatres and lakeside setting. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its mountain views. Top sights around the area include Waterville Valley Resort and Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion at Meadowbrook.
- There are 123 hotels and other accommodation options in Plymouth
- The closest major airport is in Laconia, NH (LCI-Laconia Municipal), 18.2 mi (29.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Lebanon, NH (LEB-Lebanon Municipal), 32.3 mi (52 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Plymouth
Well known for its theatres, the city's cultural venues include The Flying Monkey Movie House and Performance Center, New Hampshire Audubon and Interlakes Summer Theater. The city is notable for landmarks like Castle in the Clouds, Meredith Historical Society and St. Mark's Episcopal Church. The lakes and mountains highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Lake Winnipesaukee, Newfound Lake and Squam Lake.
In Gilford, there are 123 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Nutmeg Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Squam Lake Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this inn. With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Coppertoppe Inn & Retreat Center - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Waterville Valley Resort, located 16.4 mi (26.5 km) from the heart of the city, and New Hampshire International Speedway, which is 29.5 mi (47.4 km) away.
Dressing for Plymouth
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 8°C during the day and -15°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, whilst the average at night is -4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 3°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 18°C and night-time averages of -13°C
- Average annual rainfall for Plymouth is 1126.10 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -14°C