Visitors to Palmer are sure to enjoy the forests. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its festivals. A top sight in the area is Iditarod Trail Headquarters.
- You'll find 402 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Anchorage
- The closest major airport is in Anchorage, AK (MRI-Merrill Field), 35.9 mi (57.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Anchorage, AK (ANC-Ted Stevens Anchorage Intl.), 41.3 mi (66.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Palmer
Favourite family attractions include Reindeer Farm and Musk Ox Farm. The forests and mountains highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Palmer Research Center and Matanuska Experiment Farm, Pioneer Peak and Bodenburg Butte. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Palmer Golf Course and Independence Mine State Historical Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 41 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Palmer. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Abby's Place - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Alaska Garden Gate B&B and Cottages - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Hatcher Pass Bed & Breakfast - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Iditarod Trail Headquarters, located 12.3 mi (19.7 km) from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Palmer
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 4°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -13°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and -5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 10°C as the daytime average and -12°C as the night-time average
- Palmer gets about 282 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -12°C