Visitors can enjoy all that Östersund has to offer including the gardens, museums and zoo. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its lakeside setting.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodation options in Östersund
- The closest major airport is in Ostersund (OSD-Are), 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Östersund
Favourite places to visit in the city include Ostersund Ski Stadium, Ostersund Town Hall and OSD Folkets Hus Congress Centre. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Badhusparken and Jamtli.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Östersund. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotell Stortorget - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Best Western Hotell Ett - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Clarion Hotel Grand Östersund - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Getting around Östersund
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Östersund Västra Station or Östersund Central Station. Östersund might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Östersund
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 3°C during the day and -12°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is -6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 1°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 9°C and night-time averages of -10°C
- Östersund gets about 530.70 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 17°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -11°C