Search Hotels in Northwest Indiana, IN
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 1 Dec 2020
Reviewed on 9 Nov 2020
Visiting Northwest Indiana
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Northwest Indiana, and visitors give high marks for the casinos, lakeside setting and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting, restaurants and sporting events. Top sights in the city include Notre Dame Stadium, Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore and Indiana Dunes State Park.
- There are 289 hotels and other accommodation options in Northwest Indiana
- The closest major airport is in South Bend, IN (SBN-South Bend Intl.), 39.3 mi (63.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (MDW-Midway Intl.), 55.7 mi (89.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Northwest Indiana
Cultural venues in the city include Morris Performing Arts Center, Studebaker National Museum and South Bend Civic Theater. Attractions like Deep River Water Park and South Bend Chocolate Factory are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Marquette Park, Bailly Homestead - American Indians and Fur Traders and Chellberg Farm.
In La Porte, you'll find 289 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Oliver Inn Bed and Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in West Washington features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and room size.
- Arbor Hill Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Morris Inn - This 3.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi and a fitness centre. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favourite sights in Northwest Indiana include Notre Dame Stadium, Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore and Indiana Dunes State Park.
Getting around Northwest Indiana
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Portage - Ogden Dunes Train to Chicago, Michigan City Station or Rensselaer Station. Northwest Indiana might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Northwest Indiana
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 16°C during the day and -7°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 30°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 23°C and night-time averages of -7°C
- Average annual rainfall for Northwest Indiana is 1212.10 millimetres
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 30°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging -6°C
More trip options
- Hotels in Northwest Indiana by Star Rating
- Hotels near Northwest Indiana Airports
- Areas of Northwest Indiana
- Accommodation near Northwest Indiana Attractions
- More accommodation types in Northwest Indiana
- Choose Your Northwest Indiana Hotel Style
- Search Northwest Indiana Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Northwest Indiana
- Hotels Near Northwest Indiana, Indiana
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends