Search Hotels in Northern Stockholm County
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 17 Jul 2020
Reviewed on 7 Oct 2020
Visiting Northern Stockholm County
Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Northern Stockholm County, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its golf courses and cafes. Top sights in the city include Taby Centrum, Stockholm Quality Outlet Barkaby and Sollentuna Centrum.
- There are 118 hotels and other accommodation options in Northern Stockholm County
- The closest major airport is in Stockholm (ARN-Arlanda), 23 mi (37 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Stockholm (BMA-Bromma), 32.6 mi (52.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Northern Stockholm County
Cultural venues in the city include MC Collection, Pythagoras Industrial Museum and Siarofortet Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Rosersberg Palace, Birka Viking Village and Steninge Palace. The city's natural beauty is on display at Finnhamn, Grinda and Stora Vartan.
In Vaxholm, there are 118 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning easier for your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Furusund Värdshus - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff.
- Welcome Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and overall value at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast and a restaurant.
- 32 Rum & Kök - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other favourite sights in Northern Stockholm County include Taby Centrum, Stockholm Quality Outlet Barkaby and Sollentuna Centrum. Top places to visit around the area include Djursholm Castle, 26.9 mi/43.2 km from the city centre, and Millesgarden, which is 28.6 mi (46 km) away.
Getting around Northern Stockholm County
With so many choices for transport, exploring Northern Stockholm County is a breeze. You can access metro transport at Kårsta Roslagsbanan Station, Ekskogen Roslagsbanan Station and Frösunda Roslagsbanan Station. If you want to journey outside the city, ride aboard a train from Linanäs Brygga Harbour, Arlanda Norra Station or Arlanda Central Station.
Dressing for Northern Stockholm County
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 5°C during the day and -6°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is -1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 12°C and night-time averages of -3°C
- Northern Stockholm County gets about 548 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging -5°C
More trip options
- Hotels in Northern Stockholm County by Star Rating
- Hotels near Northern Stockholm County Airports
- Areas of Northern Stockholm County
- Accommodation near Northern Stockholm County Attractions
- More accommodation types in Northern Stockholm County
- Choose Your Northern Stockholm County Hotel Style
- Search Northern Stockholm County Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Northern Stockholm County
- Hotels Near Northern Stockholm County, Stockholm County
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends