Search Hotels in Nîmes
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 10 Mar 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 21 Nov 2019
History buffs and budget-minded travellers enjoy visiting Nîmes though all visitors are sure to find plenty to see and do. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples and monuments. Top sights in the city include Maison Carree, Old Nimes Museum and Nimes Arena.
- There are 152 hotels and other accommodation options in Nîmes
- The closest major airport is in Nimes (FNI-Garons), 6.1 mi (9.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Montpellier (MPL-Montpellier - Mediterranean), 26.8 mi (43.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Nîmes
Cultural venues in the city include Old Nimes Museum, Nîmes Museum of Natural History and Prehistory and Musée de la Romanité. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Maison Carree, Nimes Arena, and Temple of Diana. The picturesque setting of Fountain Gardens and Espeisses Woods exemplify the city's natural beauty.
Other top sights in Nîmes include Magne Tower. Outside the city, popular places to see include Pont du Gard, located 11.7 mi (18.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Uzes Cathedral, which is 12.4 mi/20 km away.
Getting around Nîmes
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Nîmes Station or Nimes St-Cesaire Station. Nîmes might not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Nîmes
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Nîmes is 22 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 3°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Nîmes?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Nîmes, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Nîmes?
What's the best hotel when travelling with children to Nîmes?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to Nîmes?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Nîmes?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Nîmes?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Nîmes?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Nîmes?
What's the best golf hotel in Nîmes?
What's the best hotel in Nîmes to be near historical sites?
Nîmes Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Nîmes by Star Rating
- Hotels near Nîmes Airports
- Areas of Nîmes
- Accommodation near Nîmes Attractions
- More accommodation types in Nîmes
- Choose Your Nîmes Hotel Style
- Search Nîmes Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Nîmes
- Hotels Near Nîmes, Occitanie
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends