Visitors to Newbury are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting, skiing and mountain views. This city also attracts tourists with its bars. A top sight in the area is Pats Peak.
- You'll find 57 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Mount Sunapee
- The closest major airport is in Springfield, VT (VSF-Hartness State), 24.9 mi (40.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Lebanon, NH (LEB-Lebanon Municipal), 25.6 mi (41.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Newbury
The city's lakes and mountains provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include John Hay National Wildlife Refuge. Skiing is a top activity, and Mount Sunapee is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add The Fells to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 15 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Newbury. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Mountain Edge Resort & Spa at Sunapee - With a stay at this 3-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 indoor pools and a full-service spa, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Sunapee Lake Lodge - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an indoor pool.
A top sight outside the city is Pats Peak, located 15.6 mi (25.1 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Newbury
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be -13°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and -2°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and -12°C at night
- Newbury gets about 966 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -12°C