So much for a final night's treat!
Posted 27-Jun-2016 on Hotels
We had already booked a good room, but our son upgraded us to a large suite, which was great. But the following made our stay most disappointing:
- the reception area was noisy; we had to queue; and the whole area seemed chaotic
- we had to ask for the complimentary water, and coffee/tea facilities
- there was no fridge in the room to keep the water chilled. The staff put a temporary one in for me
- I never did get the mini-bar open (probably just as well!)
- I was charged for Wi-Fi access at 16.95 US$ for 24 hours, until I complained
- The room was next to the external aircon units, so it was noisy at night
- we were woken up by workmen on the roof directly outside our window
- the restaurant was no more than a bar, and was noisy and cramped. Hardly in keeping with the style of the hotel
- the flashing light on the phone for message notification didn't actually deliver a message, but asked you to ring the front desk. Absolutely useless!
- the other four hotels where we stayed in the US and Canada were all far superior to the Essex in all of the above criticisms. The Essex needs someone in charge to get to grips with some basics. We won't be staying there ever again.
Comment from Hotel Management
02-Jul-2016 by Manager, Hotel Management
We appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience. We regret to hear your expectations were not exceeded during your stay. Your feedback is very important to us and has been relayed to the appropriate departments. We welcome you to contact us directly to discuss your experience further and wish you safe travels.